Work performed at Nokia Research Center 2003-2009
Software Architecture Analysis and Design. Special emphasis on large software intensive systems, software product family architectures and embedded real-time systems. Part of the performance tools I have developed are now used in Nokia Mobile Phones business unit to profile and improve software performance.
Software architecture evaluations and assessment methods:
- Scenario based assessments.
- Experience based assessments.
- Quantitative approaches to evaluate software performance and memory consumption.
- Social Networks Analysis (investigation on the organizational and social aspects of software development and its impact on the software architecture)
- Context awareness user-centric service architectures for mobile phone users (see the paper Creating next generation applications and services for mobile devices: challenges and opportunities, the book Enabling Technologies for Mobile Services: The MobiLife Book and the blog post Nokia Kamppi trial.)
Memberships and Appointments
IEEE Member, ACM member
- Reviewer for ISPASS 2005, IEEE International Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software
- Reviewer for ICSM 2005,2006, IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance
- Reviewer for WICSA 2005, Working IEEE / IFIP Conference on Software Architecture
- Reviewer for OOPSLA 2006, ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Object-Oriented Programming, Systems, Languages and Applications
- Reviewer for CSMR 2006, IEEE European Conference on Software Maintenance and Reengineering
- Reviewer and Program Committee Member of ICSEA 2007, 2009, IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering Advances
- Reviewer for the Journal of Systems and Software, Elsevier
- Reviewer for the Superior Council of the National Fund for Scientific and Technological Development (FONDECYT), for the 2010 FONDECYT National Research Funding Competition. (FONDECYT is the Chilean government research funding agency created to foster and strengthen the development of basic scientific and technological research of excellence in all areas of knowledge.)
- Reviewer for Springer, Software Quality Journal, 2010
- Reviewer for the IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE), 2011
Comprehend and analyze knowledge networks to improve software evolution, Christian Del Rosso, Journal of Software Maintenance and Evolution: Research and Practice, John Wiley & Sons, Volume 21, issue 3, May 2009, Pages 189-215.
Continuous Evolution Through Software Architecture Evaluation: a Case Study, Christian Del Rosso,Journal of Software Maintenance and Evolution: Research and Practice, John Wiley & Sons, Volume 18, Issue 5, Pages 351 – 383, 2006
Software performance tuning of software product family architectures: two case studies in the real-time embedded systems domain, Christian Del Rosso, Journal of Systems and Software, Elsevier, accepted the 11th July 2007
Enabling Technologies for Mobile Services: The MobiLife Book, Mika Klemettinen Editor, Christian Del Rosso (contributor), John Wiley and Sons Ltd (7 Sep 2007),
ISBN-10: 0470512903, ISBN-13: 978-0470512906
CONFERENCES AND WORKSHOPS
Creating next generation applications and services for mobile devices: challenges and opportunities, Christian Del Rosso, Agathe Battestini, Adrian Flanagan, Markus Miettinen, Proceedings of PIMRC 2007, the 18th Annual IEEE Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications.
Assessing the architecture of large software-intensive systems using a knowledge-based approach, Christian Del Rosso, Alessandro Maccari Sixth Working IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture, WICSA 2007.
The method, the tools and rationales for assessing dynamic memory efficiency in embedded real-time systems in practice, Christian Del Rosso International Conference on Software Engineering Advances, ICSEA 2006, IEEE.
The MobiLife Service Infrastructure, Christian Del Rosso, Mika Klemettinen,Bernd Mrohs, Stephan Steglich, Christian Rack,IST Mobile & Wireless Communication Summit 2006, 4-8 June, Mykonos, Greece, http://mobilesummit2006.org
Reducing internal fragmentation in segregated free lists using genetic algorithms, Christian Del Rosso, Proceedings of WISER 2006, the 2nd International Workshop on Interdisciplinary Software Engineering Research, ACM, 20th May 2006, the Proceedings of WISER 2006 are bundled together with the ICSE 2006 proceedings.
Experiences of Performance Tuning Software Product Family Architectures Using a Scenario-Driven Approach, Christian Del Rosso, Proceedings of EASE 2006, Evaluation and Assessment in Software Engineering, British Computer Society, April 10-11, 2006, Keele, UK.
Dynamic memory management for software product family architectures in embedded real-time systems. Christian Del Rosso, In Proceedings of the 5th Working IEEE / IFIP Conference on Software Architecture, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, November 6 − 10, 2005
Trust and Privacy in Context-Aware Support for Communication in Mobile Groups, Christian del Rosso, Stefano Campadello, Olivier Coutand, Silke Holtmanns, Theo Kanter, Christian Räck, Bernd Mrohs, Stephan Steglich, In Proceedings of the Workshop on Context Awareness for Proactive Systems (CAPS 2005), Helsinki, Finland, June 16-17, 2005
Performance Analysis Framework for Large Software-Intensive Systems with a Message Passing Paradigm. . Christian Del Rosso,
In Proceedings of the 20th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC 2005), Embedded Systems technical track. Santa Fe, New Mexico, March 13 − 17, 2005.
The process of and the lessons learned from performance tuning of a product family software architecture for mobile phones. Christian Del Rosso,
In Proceedings of the Eighth European IEEE Conference on Software Maintenance and Reengineering, 2004. CSMR 2004. Publication Date: 24 − 26 March 2004 On page(s): 270 − 275
Experiences with Software Product Family Evolution, Christian Del Rosso, Claudio Riva, In Proceedings of the Sixth IEEE International Workshop on Principles of Software Evolution, 2003, Helsinki, Finland. Publication Date: 1 − 2 Sept. 2003 On page(s): 161 − 169